So I made a dress with some red in it, to celebrate fall. It's one of my first knit garments, but it's a very stable knit and I didn't encounter a lot of issues while sewing this. I used a 'straight crooked seam', which was suggested in the fantastic Professional Sewing Techniques for Designers. It worked really well and the seams are stable enough. I used bias tape to hem this dress and also for the sleeve hems.
I just love the flowery print. Usually I don't really like to wear grey, but combined with the red, I don't mind.
The pattern I used is Simplicity 7124, a pattern from the sixties. I didn't change anything, except for a sway back alteration.
I would love to make this pattern again, in a crisp cotton without a print. I love the fact that knits are so comfortable, but I think cotton would perhaps result in a more interesting (and sixties) shape.
And one last picture to show how happy I am with this dress!