Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Turquoise Sorbetto

My sister celebrated her 26th birthday in June. I made her a wonderful present, if I may say so myself (hehe): a Colette Sorbetto top.


I used the same fabric as for the sash on her Crepe. It's a cotton/poly blend. 
This top is actually the second try. I messed up the first one completely. That happens sometimes, right? You think something is so simple and than you completely ruin the whole thing: I ironed it on a setting that was too high for the polyester, so it melted a bit. The armholes were too tight, the whole top was too short, the darts wouldn't sit right and the bias tape wouldn't stay on.... A disaster!
I'm very happy that the actual gift turned out all right!


I made my own bias tape from a fun print I found in our local haberdashery Veritas. They sell all kind of fun fabrics in fat quarters and even smaller bits. Practical if you want to make some bias tape without having to buy too much fabric!


My sister loves her top and has worn it a couple of times already (at least that what's she's led me to believe!).


No comments: