Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Floral Burda Top

I made myself a floral top to celebrate the somewhat late arrival of Spring, although it feels more like winter right now...


It's top 102B from Burda Magazine 02/2011. I've been planning to make this top for ages and finally did it. I'm so glad! It's very comfortable and looks great with my self drafted black pencil skirt.


The fabric is a floral knit. It's very lightweight, so I decided to line the whole top (instead of lining only the top part). I also lengthened this top quite a bit. It's really very very short if you don't and I wanted to be able to wear it with more than just this black skirt. I added at least 10 to 15cm.
I used a twin needle for the hem and it worked like magic! So happy :-)


And one last sour face picture to show you the real length.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I was just looking at the Sorbetto thinking I would love it if it were nursing friendly.

eline said...

Thank you! The bonus is that you can wear it when nursing or not, because you don't see the opening :-)