Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A girl can never have enough bags!



I made a couple of handbags from this book:
I'm very happy how they turned out. They're more like clutches than real handbags actually, but they carry my wallet, cellphone, keys, lipgloss and some perfume which is all I really need on a night out.
The first one is in a silvery grey. I really like the pattern on the fabric and the three vintage looking buttons. And also the colour of the buttons of course, which is a soft mint green.


The lining is a thick linnen teal fabric.


The second one is in a fake suede fabric. It has a ribbon flower on top (it's a brooch, so I can take it off) and some decorative stitching.


I used a leopard print for the lining, which I interfaced to stiffen it up a bit. I love leopard!

No comments: